Welcome to our Website
We aim to have Jesus at the heart of everything we do, not only in church when we worship, but in our daily lives, work places, schools and homes.
We Believe that our church, working alongside all the Christians of our community, is called to be a doorway to new life in Jesus Christ.
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US IN THAT CALLING: when anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation...
In our Parish we have 2 worship centres: the Parish Church (pictured above) St James Street, Shaw, OLDHAM OL2 7TD established in 1847; and St Saviour's, Crompton Fold, Buckstones Road, Shaw, OLDHAM (below), established 1908.
St Saviour's is a Mission Church, and is fully part of the Parish of East Crompton St James.
WHO WAS ST JAMES?
James was also one of the witnesses to Jesus’ agony in the
St James' in the stained glass at St James' Parish Church. He is depicted holding the Parish Church in his hand.
- C/O Kath Moss & David Marsland, Churchwardens
- St James Vicarage, Vicarage Street,
- OL2 7TE